Saturday, August 10, 2013

Danger - Baby Fire Hazard

Chennai baby catching fire due to rare condition 
A Chennai baby keeps catching fire due to a rare condition, according to an Aug. 10 ANI News report. The baby suffers from Spontaneous Human Combustion (SHC), which has only affected some 200 people throughout the entire world in the past three centuries.

The baby, named Rahul, first started catching fire when he was just nine days old. Currently, he is being treated at Kilpauk Medical College (KMC) Hospital. This condition has to be incredibly difficult to manage and treat. Thankfully Rahul's parents have gotten him medical care. Many times people who suffer from this condition end up dying when their bedding or clothing catches fire.

Doctors hope that Rahul will be able to be healed or cured of the SHC condition. They have a long road ahead of them since this is such a rare condition, and there is not much information on how to treat or cure it. What a terrible situation for this little boy and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment