Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bus Driving Dog in Australia


DARWIN, Australia, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- A dog allegedly was spotted driving a mobile home down the street in Darwin, Australia, after learning how to drive by observing his owner, observers claim.

Woodley, a 2-year-old German Koolie, allegedly took the mobile home for a spin while his owner, Richard McCormack was in a store, The Sun reported.

"I came out and saw the bus going down the road. I couldn't believe it," McCormack said.
Woodley in action, via NTNews

This isn't the first time Woodley has tried to take the wheel, his owner explained.

"He sits next to me when I'm driving and in the driver's seat when I'm not. The handbrake is on the dashboard and he's seen me release it many times. He was just copying me. He's tried it on before," said McCormack.

The vehicle was eventually brought to a stop when bystander Phil Newton, 30, jumped in an open window and put the handbrake back on after seeing that a dog was navigating the mobile home.

"This was weird, even for the Northern Territory," he said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/11/20/Dog-caught-driving-in-Australia/UPI-66641321829811/#ixzz1kuQCtLFP

No comments:

Post a Comment