Sunday, September 19, 2010

German Man Blows Up Apartment in Major Goof

German blows up his own apartment in attempt to repair leaking airbed

A German who tried to fix his leaky air mattress blew up his apartment instead, the fire brigade in the western city of Düsseldorf said on Wednesday.

Rufus Doofus, a 45-year-old man used tire repair solvent to plug a hole in his airbed and left it to dry overnight.

When he tried to inflate it the following day it blew up. Kabloom!

"A spark from the electric air pump ignited it," a fire brigade spokesman said.

The blast was so strong it pushed his living room wall into the building's stairwell and caused extensive damage to walls, windows and furniture. The apartment manager immediately handed Mr. Doofus a notice of eviction.

Fire fighters evacuated the 12-apartment building and a neighbouring housing block while they checked for structural damage.

The man suffered burns on his arms, while a three-year-old girl suffered first degree burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment