Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wolf On the Run


Hi all readers,

In the belief that one or two of you might like to know what I look like on the run, I'm attaching another photo of myself, as a wolf, when I recently fled my den in Yellowstone, to lurk for a short while on the Canadian border. President Bush, for reasons unknown to me, but probably because of pressure he's getting from the American Cattle Growers Association, is attempting to have me and my ilk removed from the endangered species list. If that happens, I'll most likely have to return to Canada or spend most of my life on the run, dodging rifle bullets.

What makes this so bizarre is that only recently, around 1995-96, my immedate ancestors were repatriated to our native home and rangeland in Montana, Wyoming and parts of Idaho. That, of course, occurred during the more benevolent years of the Clinton administration.

I'm actually a native born, American gray wolf, born to a pair of the original, Canadian,repatriated wolves. As such, I am entitled to U.S. citizenship and presumably would be eligible to serve as President of the U.S., if and when all animals win the right to hold public office in the U.S. Because I already am seven years-old, with an average life expectancy of between 6 and 10 years at birth, and living in the wild, I'm sure I'll never live to see that day. As the French Canadians say, "C'est la vie."

If there are any questions, I'll be happy to answer, if I can. Most of what I've learned was from a very old Lakota Sioux warrior, who was raised by wolves until he was about 14 years-old and keeps in practice with ambitious wolves like myself.

Do what you can to try to prevent that mass murderer, GWB, from killing more wolves than Iraqis. Remember, the wolf you save may be your Labrador Retriever's indirect ancestor.

Best,

Graywolf83

No comments:

Post a Comment